Words and Music by Andrew Sorenson
Intro: Ebmaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7
Ebmaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7
Vs 1:
Ebmaj7 Ebm7 Fm7 Emaj7 Ebmaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7
It was a simple start - collaboration of events - so ‘from the heart’
Ebmaj7 Ebm7 Fm7 Emaj7 Ebmaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7
Is this church or public schools? Do I sit and listen to your web of rules?
Ebmaj7 Ebm7 Fm7 Emaj7 Ebmaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7
Catamaran and bait - I’ll hold the phone and give you praise it’s why we wait
Ebmaj7 Ebm7 Fm7 Emaj7 Ebmaj7
You’ve got things to say - you contradict the game we play and that’s ok
Chorus:
Abm7 Gmumaj
Officer she holds me closer - not confused
Gb13 F13
She’s my doctor - and my lawyer too
Abm7 Gmumaj
She’s my pharmacist - mechanic - it’s here I’ll roost
Gb13 F13 Emaj7 Ebmaj7 Emaj7 Ebmaj7
Watch her dancin - in Her Spangled Boots - in Her Spangled Boots
Vs 2:
Ebmaj7 Ebm7 Fm7 Emaj7 Ebmaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7
It doesn’t - make it right - you come for love and then you wanna start a fight
Ebmaj7 Ebm7 Fm7 Emaj7 Ebmaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7
I’ve put - that time to rest - but babe I need you can’t you see the hornet’s nest
Ebmaj7 Ebm7 Fm7 Emaj7 Ebmaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7
You’re taking French I see - why don’t you hop a flight and then come see bout me?
Ebmaj7 Ebm7 Fm7 Emaj7 Ebmaj7
We’ll both be satisfied - much more than that I bet we’ll be electrified!
Chorus:
Abm7 Gmumaj
Officer she holds me closer - not confused
Gb13 F13
She’s my doctor - and my lawyer too
Abm7 Gmumaj
She’s my pharmacist - mechanic - it’s here I’ll roost
Gb13 F13 Emaj7 Ebmaj7 Emaj7 Ebmaj7
Watch her dancin - in Her Spangled Boots - in Her Spangled Boots
Solo:
Ebmaj7 Ebm7 Fm7 Emaj7 Ebmaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7
Ebmaj7 Ebm7 Fm7 Emaj7 Ebmaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7
Ebmaj7 Ebm7 Fm7 Emaj7 Ebmaj7
Bridge:
Bmaj7 Amaj7
On her own she’ll sing her story - penance love and all the glory
Abm7 Gbm7 Abm7 Gbm7 Abm7
Our publicists aren’t blue - They are singing all the songs that we can use
Bbsus4 Bbaug
That we can use - we all can use!
Vs: 2
Ebmaj7 Ebm7 Fm7 Emaj7 Ebmaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7
Kids let’s sing that Bible song - now is not the time for us to not belong
Ebmaj7 Ebm7 Fm7 Emaj7 Ebmaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7
She sings - an empty floor
Fm7 Emaj7 Ebmaj7
This is not what ranchers come here crying for
Chorus:
Abm7 Gmumaj
Officer she holds me closer - not confused
Gb13 F13
She’s my doctor - and my lawyer too
Abm7 Gmumaj
She’s my pharmacist - mechanic - it’s here I’ll roost
Gb13 F13 Emaj7 Ebmaj7 Emaj7 Ebmaj7
Watch her dancin - in Her Spangled Boots - in Her Spangled Boots