Her Spangled Boots


 

 Words and Music by Andrew Sorenson


Intro: Ebmaj7  Emaj7  Emaj7  

         Ebmaj7  Emaj7  Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7



Vs 1: 

Ebmaj7      Ebm7             Fm7              Emaj7             Ebmaj7            Emaj7  Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7

     It was a simple start - collaboration of events - so ‘from the heart’ 

Ebmaj7                   Ebm7              Fm7                Emaj7           Ebmaj7        Emaj7  Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7

     Is this church or public schools?  Do I sit and listen to your web of rules?

Ebmaj7      Ebm7         Fm7                               Emaj7                               Ebmaj7  Emaj7  Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7

     Catamaran and bait - I’ll hold the phone and give you praise it’s why we wait 

Ebmaj7         Ebm7            Fm7                            Emaj7                    Ebmaj7  

     You’ve got things to say - you contradict the game we play and that’s ok


Chorus:

Abm7                                           Gmumaj

     Officer she holds me closer - not confused 

     Gb13                                 F13

     She’s my doctor - and my lawyer too

Abm7                                                        Gmumaj

     She’s my pharmacist - mechanic - it’s here I’ll roost

     Gb13                          F13                       Emaj7     Ebmaj7               Emaj7       Ebmaj7

     Watch her dancin - in Her Spangled Boots - in Her Spangled Boots 


Vs 2:  

Ebmaj7      Ebm7          Fm7                              Emaj7 Ebmaj7       Emaj7  Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7

It sure - don't make it right - you come for love and then you wanna start a fight 

Ebmaj7         Ebm7         Fm7                        Emaj7                  Ebmaj7        Emaj7  Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7

We've been apart so long - I've made a list of all the times that I've been wrong.

Ebmaj7        Ebm7         Fm7                              Emaj7                       Ebmaj7      Emaj7  Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7

Just give me one more try - Another chance to make things right as time goes by

Ebmaj7         Ebm7     Fm7                               Emaj7           Ebmaj7  

We’ll both be satisfied - much more than that I bet we’ll be electrified! 


Chorus:

Abm7                                           Gmumaj

     Officer she holds me closer - not confused 

     Gb13                                 F13

     She’s my doctor - and my lawyer too

Abm7                                                        Gmumaj

     She’s my pharmacist - mechanic - it’s here I’ll roost

     Gb13                          F13                       Emaj7     Ebmaj7               Emaj7       Ebmaj7

     Watch her dancin - in Her Spangled Boots - in Her Spangled Boots 


Solo:

Ebmaj7      Ebm7             Fm7              Emaj7             Ebmaj7            Emaj7  Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7

Ebmaj7      Ebm7              Fm7             Emaj7             Ebmaj7            Emaj7  Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7

Ebmaj7         Ebm7            Fm7             Emaj7            Ebmaj7  


Bridge:

Bmaj7                                           Amaj7                           

On her own she’ll sing her story - penance love and all the glory 

       Abm7                Gbm7           Abm7                  Gbm7                       Abm7

Our publicists aren’t blue      -      They are singing all the songs that we can use 

        Bbsus4         Bbaug

That we can use - we all can use!


Vs: 2

Ebmaj7                       Ebm7        Fm7                   Emaj7            Ebmaj7            Emaj7  Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7

     Kids let’s sing that Bible song - now is not the time for us to not belong 

Ebmaj7                 Ebm7              Fm7                Emaj7           Ebmaj7        Emaj7  Emaj7 Emaj7 Emaj7

     She sings - an empty floor 

Fm7                        Emaj7                       Ebmaj7 

     This is not what ranchers come here crying for 


Chorus:

Abm7                                           Gmumaj

     Officer she holds me closer - not confused 

     Gb13                                 F13

     She’s my doctor - and my lawyer too

Abm7                                                        Gmumaj

     She’s my pharmacist - mechanic - it’s here I’ll roost

     Gb13                          F13                       Emaj7     Ebmaj7               Emaj7       Ebmaj7

     Watch her dancin - in Her Spangled Boots - in Her Spangled Boots