Where Can I Take You Tonight




Words and Music by Andrew Sorenson




Intro:  Dm7  Em7  Fm7

          Dm7  Em7  Fsus4 (play whole intro twice)


Vs 1:

Dm7                            Am7                             Dm7

        I see what you’re after - no choice in the matter 

         Em7              Fsus4 

Jot it down so you don’t forget

Dm7                          Am7                                Dm7

        If I could speak freely - we’d find that it’s really 

          Em7                   Fsus4

Every single thing you haven’t seen yet.

Dm7                          Am7                               Dm7

       It’s good for the gander - don’t wanna meander 

         Em7                   Fsus4     

Hey I got some better plans for you

Dm7                                Am7          C13             Fmaj7

      That dude’s got your email - but his lies are so stale 

        E7+9           Am7  C13    

And DUI’s - he’s had a few


Chorus:

Fmaj7                              Em7           Am7                     D/G               E/A          Fmaj7  G7   Gbaug

     Where can I take you tonight?  If loving you is wrong I don’t wanna be right 

Fmaj7                              Em7                           Am7        Bbmaj7  Bmaj7  Cmaj7                 

     Where can I take you tonight?  Where can I take you tonight? 


Vs 2: 

Dm7                  Am7                   

     Bicycle built for two 

             Dm7             Em7                      Fsus4 

If ever I could do - anything at all you’d give me a call

Dm7                          Am7                         Dm7

     Your sister’s got answers - s-so many answers 

                     Em7                   Fsus4  

They’re like questions hanging up on the wall

Dm7                        Am7                               Dm7

     No we were not kissin - if you would just listen 

          Em7                      Fsus4     

For a second girl you’ve got to relax!

Dm7                     Am7          C13             Fmaj7

     A shoulder to cry on - for real I ain’t lying 

                 E7+9                 Am7                C13 

He walked out on her right there - that’s a fact 


Chorus:

Fmaj7                              Em7           Am7              D/G               E/A          Fmaj7  G7   Gbaug

     Where can I take you tonight?  If loving you is wrong I don’t wanna be right 

Fmaj7                              Em7                           Am7        Bbmaj7  Bmaj7  Cmaj7   

     Where can I take you tonight?  Where can I take you tonight? 


Bridge:  Gbmaj7  Abmaj7  

             Gbmaj7  Abmaj7  G/Eb  Gb13


Vs 3:

Dm7                     Am7                              Dm7                  Em7              Fsus4 

     Your smile is inviting - so much so I’m finding that it’s time for me to find that steady gig. 

Dm7                     Am7                                    Dm7

     When I fill this contract - we’ll move out of this shack 

                Em7                 Fsus4

And we’ll buy a mansion bigger than big!

Dm7                            Am7                         Dm7

     I know what you’re missin - with no inquisition 

      Em7              Fm7                        Dm7                          Am7   C7  Eaug             

It’s good that we listen - and edit the story - enough to get boring 

Fmaj7       E7+9                    Am7      C7  Eaug 

      Till we can’t find nothing better to do!


Chorus:

Fmaj7                              Em7           Am7              D/G               E/A          Fmaj7  G7   Gbaug

     Where can I take you tonight?  If loving you is wrong I don’t wanna be right 

Fmaj7                              Em7                           Am7        Bbmaj7  Bmaj7  Cmaj7   

     Where can I take you tonight?  Where can I take you tonight? 

Fmaj7                              Em7           Am7              D/G               E/A          Fmaj7  G7   Gbaug

     Where can I take you tonight?  If loving you is wrong I don’t wanna be right 

Fmaj7                              Em7                           Am7        Bbmaj7  Bmaj7  Cmaj7   

     Where can I take you tonight?  Where can I take you tonight? 

                         Am7        Bbmaj7  Bmaj7  Cmaj7   

     Where can I take you tonight? 

                         Am7        Bbmaj7  Bmaj7  C13 …   

     Where can I take you tonight?