Skip to main content

Where Can I Take You Tonight



Words and Music by Andrew Sorenson




Intro:  Dm7  Em7  Fm7

          Dm7  Em7  Fsus4 (play whole intro twice)


Vs 1:

Dm7                            Am7                             Dm7

        I see what you’re after - no choice in the matter 

         Em7              Fsus4 

Jot it down so you don’t forget

Dm7                          Am7                                Dm7

        If I could speak freely - we’d find that it’s really 

          Em7                   Fsus4

Every single thing you haven’t seen yet.

Dm7                          Am7                               Dm7

       It’s good for the gander - don’t wanna meander 

         Em7                   Fsus4     

Hey I got some better plans for you

Dm7                                Am7          C13             Fmaj7

      That dude’s got your email - but his lies are so stale 

        E7+9           Am7  C13    

And DUI’s - he’s had a few


Chorus:

Fmaj7                              Em7           Am7                     D/G               E/A          Fmaj7  G7   Gbaug

     Where can I take you tonight?  If loving you is wrong I don’t wanna be right 

Fmaj7                              Em7                           Am7        Bbmaj7  Bmaj7  Cmaj7                 

     Where can I take you tonight?  Where can I take you tonight? 


Vs 2: 

Dm7                  Am7                   

     Bicycle built for two 

             Dm7             Em7                      Fsus4 

If ever I could do - anything at all you’d give me a call

Dm7                          Am7                         Dm7

     Your sister’s got answers - s-so many answers 

                     Em7                   Fsus4  

They’re like questions hanging up on the wall

Dm7                        Am7                               Dm7

     No we were not kissin - if you would just listen 

          Em7                      Fsus4     

For a second girl you’ve got to relax!

Dm7                     Am7          C13             Fmaj7

     A shoulder to cry on - for real I ain’t lying 

                 E7+9                 Am7                C13 

He walked out on her right there - that’s a fact 


Chorus:

Fmaj7                              Em7           Am7              D/G               E/A          Fmaj7  G7   Gbaug

     Where can I take you tonight?  If loving you is wrong I don’t wanna be right 

Fmaj7                              Em7                           Am7        Bbmaj7  Bmaj7  Cmaj7   

     Where can I take you tonight?  Where can I take you tonight? 


Bridge:  Gbmaj7  Abmaj7  

             Gbmaj7  Abmaj7  G/Eb  Gb6


Vs 3:

Dm7                     Am7                              Dm7                  Em7              Fsus4 

     Your smile is inviting - so much so I’m finding that it’s time for me to find that steady gig. 

Dm7                     Am7                                    Dm7

     When I fill this contract - we’ll move out of this shack 

                Em7                 Fsus4

And we’ll buy a mansion bigger than big!

Dm7                            Am7                         Dm7

     I know what you’re missin - with no inquisition 

      Em7              Fm7                        Dm7                          Am7   C7  Eaug             

It’s good that we listen - and edit the story - enough to get boring 

Fmaj7       E7+9                    Am7      C7  Eaug 

      Till we can’t find nothing better to do!


Chorus:

Fmaj7                              Em7           Am7              D/G               E/A          Fmaj7  G7   Gbaug

     Where can I take you tonight?  If loving you is wrong I don’t wanna be right 

Fmaj7                              Em7                           Am7        Bbmaj7  Bmaj7  Cmaj7   

     Where can I take you tonight?  Where can I take you tonight? 

Fmaj7                              Em7           Am7              D/G               E/A          Fmaj7  G7   Gbaug

     Where can I take you tonight?  If loving you is wrong I don’t wanna be right 

Fmaj7                              Em7                           Am7        Bbmaj7  Bmaj7  Cmaj7   

     Where can I take you tonight?  Where can I take you tonight? 

                         Am7        Bbmaj7  Bmaj7  Cmaj7   

     Where can I take you tonight? 

                         Am7        Bbmaj7  Bmaj7  C13 …   

     Where can I take you tonight? 


Popular posts from this blog

Work, Jobs, Employment, & Wealth

Work, Jobs, Employment & Wealth I've never liked the term "livable wages." That phrase is the embodiment of modern-day slavery. To me anyway, it sounds like shackle-verbiage. Or just simply eeking through day to day by skin of teeth. Just taking what "they" give you. Keeping your mouth shut. Personally? I'm gonna have to pass on that drivel like a salad that just doesn't look right in a buffet. No - we were created to live abundantly happy lives, and aside from lottery winners, individuals who legally amass a fortune do so by no secret formula, but by taking part in the reality that is Compound Interest. Simply put, millionaires diversify their investments and "live" if you will, off of the interest it generates. Yes. They've employed money. It's almost as if they put work hats and overalls on walking, talking, hundred-dollar bills to execute effective return - monthly, quarterly, yearly etc ... These folks underst...

How Do You Eat Your Words?

Food For Writers  How Do You Eat Your Words? Consumables For Writers on a Budget   I’ve discovered over time that writers are into food. We’re into cooking, restaurants, and grocery store lists. Henry Miller, Roald Dahl, and Anthony Bourdain come to mind. Sometimes we can’t afford to go out to restaurants as much as we’d like, but we still want food that tastes good and doesn’t take an entire afternoon to prepare, eating up precious time that could have been spent writing. Here are some essential low-cost items with pretty long shelf lives to have in your kitchen while working on a project: Eggs  If you shop at Aldi, you can get a dozen for around $1. Add toast and butter to the mix and you have a meal that can fill you up for less than a couple dollars. Cheese Yes I’m talking about the process stuff, and many of you wouldn’t even call it cheese. It can make or break a sandwich, soup, omelette, plate of nachos, or potato casserole, so alw...

Skinny Yet Sedentary: Debunking Common Myths About Diet & Exercise

Health & Wellness in Modern Times What’s the best you could hope for in life?  What is the greatest existence you could even begin to dream about right now? It could be a gorgeous home or family.  Maybe it’s unlimited earning potential or complete and total financial freedom from a career path you thought would be rewarding on every conceivable level, but in all actuality makes you physically ill.   I don’t know what that is — only YOU do!  But I do know this to be empirically true beyond a shadow of any doubt whatsoever:   Unless you work-out daily, consistently, and dynamically, you will never even begin to know or understand what that is.  You can be skinny as a rail and live a sedentary, boring life. You can also be morbidly obese, sitting on more money than a King or Queen, wondering why you seem to only be able to accomplish fantasizing about looking spectacular in the trendiest threads money c...