Gangster In Charge

Intro: Db11 C11 Db11 C11 Db11
C11 Baug Bb11 A11 Abmaj7add13

Intro2: Gm7 D11 Gm7 C11 C7
Fm7 Bb11 Bb13 Gsus4
C11 Db11 C11 Db11 C11 Db11 C11 C13

Verse 1:

Dm7 Ebmaj7
You better get your head screwed on straight 

Dm7 Cm7 Abmaj7 Ebmaj7
We got another job in Yonkers, we’re late 

Dm7 Ebmaj7
I gotta ask you - are you packing heat 

Dm7 Cm7 Abmaj7 Ebmaj7
No funny business till the job is complete 

Dm7 Ebmaj7
This is the life that you have signed up for 

Dm7 Cm7 Abmaj7 Ebmaj7
It’s more than shaking down convenience stores

Dm7 Ebmaj7
This is our turf we’re very proud of it 

Dm7 Cm7 Abmaj7 Ebmaj7
It’s been that way for years I’ll have to admit


Chorus:


Dm7 Cm7 Abmaj7 Ebmaj7

This wise-guy's got it coming to him

Dm7 Cm7 Bbmaj7

I'd say his future looks awful grim

Dm7 Bmu/maj Bb13 Amu/maj

This gunfight's going down at the barge

Dm7 Ebmaj7

And I'm the gangster in charge

Dm7

And I'm the gangster in charge


Verse 2:


You are a made man so you act like one 

Come from a long line of Sicilian sons 

I think you’re pazzo but you’re no cream-puff 

I’m deadly serious - these goombas are rough 

They could ambush us out of the blue 

So keep your eyes peeled - they’re one hell of a crew 

These guys don’t mess around and nor do I 

We’ll light em up like it’s the fourth of July 


Solo over verse


Instrumental hook: Dm7 Ebmaj7 A7 Db/A7 Dm7 Cm7 Bbmaj7


Intro: Db11 C11 Db11 C11 Db11
C11 Baug Bb11 A11 Abmaj7add13


Verse 3:

A coded message in a text from Don
It ain't a restaurant or a beauty salon
You're learning fast I'm very proud of you
Looks like another job on Park Avenue
We're gonna get you cleaned up - dressed to kill
I'm talking 3 piece suit - so hit the treadmill
You think it's easy doing what we do?
At least this car is bullet proof through and through