Thank You Charlotte!
So as you may or may not know I took a very long break from music - writing, recording, and performing. There were a variety of factors of why I needed time away from it, but recently I’ve gotten bit with the bug. (If you're a musician, you know what I'm talking about.)
I fell in love with this city when I moved here from Ohio back in 2009 and have considered myself a real Charlottean since. If you ask me, we have some of the best weather on the planet. Not too hot, not too cold - and the people here are a lot more easy-going than where I grew up. People aren't in as much of a rush to get where they're going to.
Lately, I’ve really appreciated performing alongside some of our city's best musicians at Smokey Joe’s Cafe, and playing there has been a great way to make new friends and network with people in the industry.
So whether it’s a Steely Dan cover or one of my songs, the reception has been fantastic. There is an appetite for jazz laden pop songs in this city and I’m just happy to be a part of it.
And yes - I’ve gotten back into songwriting and plan on recording a new LP next year - and who knows, maybe even a regional tour is in order.
Stay tuned!
Andrew
