Wine & Roses (lyrics only)

 Wine & Roses 


Intro: Abmaj7   Dbmaj7   Gbmaj7   Bmaj7   Bbmaj7

Bbm7   Dbmaj7   Gbmaj7   Bmaj7   Bmaj7   Bbm7   Eb7 



v1

I'm falling in love with her 8 track mind, with plenty good reason to be so kind        

Her favorite nightclub has a jukebox full of hits from the past              

She's not into emo or screamo or jazz, but she can do Shakespeare like nobody has 

Is this what they call edu-tainment to the highest degree?                                   

Now she's crying I touched a nerve, we might be chalking it up to absurd

Cause when the truth is spilled, it starts to flow. 

I love you baby don't pay the bills, when I don't bring home the biggest kill 

Her self-indulgent silent treatment goes, with Wine and Roses I suppose


vs 2

Always the rebel, that's sure fine by me, dancing and prancing with strange company      

Yet keeping it wholesome like a chaperon is standing nearby. 

All in my mix and then make way for pout, nothing is lacking but the jokes have run out 

Sorry babe but I have planes to catch, I'll carry on in the spring  

Now she's sighing by fireside, contemplating just what feels right 

Staving off this twisted world she knows

She's playing freedom, her only card, gone in a cinch and an inch, take a yard

Deep into her fantasy she goes with wine and roses I suppose 



(solo)


vs3

Back at her hotel the industry's told, brainy calypso has taken her hold 

Hired for TV but the radio's forgotten her name

Smiles I frown on, we're keeping it light, taking her LP so some brand new height 

Sorry babe but I have dreams to catch let's say we call this a fling 

There's something sacred about her tongue, she's probably singing what ain't been sung

While taking out that diamond from her nose

In case she's bored now I'll syncopate, and move the project to some new state 

Either way the mystery is closed, with wine and roses I suppose